Pages

Favorite Quotes

Shayleenb's favorite quotes


"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."— Mark Twain

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 3

Day 3: A favorite book.

Yet another thing that I do not have just one favorite of. :P Let's see...

I think I will do, because it is kind of random, and because I doubt most people have read it, Death Comes as the End by Agatha Christie.

It was the only one of her stories I think that was not set in present time. It's an Egyptian story about a widow named Renisenb and the possible ghost of a woman named Nefret. It's very scary and has a very sad/interesting/surprising/happy ending. :D

I generally love Agatha Christie, because her style of writing is very gripping, but I also love her because she inspires me to write. I read one of her books and I come away all fired up to work on my own stories. One of my other favorites by her is The Crystal Ball and Other Stories. It's a collection of short ghost stories. Some of which are also really scary. I like a good ghost story as long as it's not just plain terrifying. :P They have to be more of a suspense kind of thing.





Next time you're either in the mood for a good British book, or a mystery, or ghost story, these are very good choices for you!

Love you!

Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3